Re: Pubrules: Use https for /TR documents

On Mon, 9 May 2016, at 20:43, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> On 05/09/2016 09:46 AM, Tobie Langel wrote:
> >> (note that this change may break specref.org @@check with Tobie)
> >
> > Yes, this seems like it might wreck havoc. Can you stage the new version
> > somewhere and give me time to transition?
>
> yes. Not sure how far however, ie I'll have to produce that manually so
> I may not do for every single shortname.

It hasn't been uncommon in the past that tr.rdf had subtle bugs that
broke things. This seems like a rather important change. It seems that
having the two scripts side by side for a little while would be the
reasonable solution if you expect uptime guarantees on the Specref side.
I don't think that manually generating content is going to buy us much
in terms of dealing with corner cases or multiple updates as specs are
modified over time.

Also note that I will be OoO this summer at dates still TBD and so might
not necessarily be available to fix things if you suddenly turn this on
without allowing prior testing.

> >>      <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/">
> >>        <sameWorkAs rdf:resource="https://www.w3.org/TR/html51/"/>
> >>      </rdf:Description>
> >
> > I use shortnames to identify specs, nor URLs, so there's not distinction
> > between the two resources shown above, so I have no idea what this
> > change could cause (probably a stack overflow).
>
> I could:
>
> 1. make a copy of tr.rdf somewhere on the website
> 2.
>    a. add fake https entries that are past July 1, 2016 in it
>    b. add fake https entries that are past May 1, 2016 in it

As mentioned above, I don't think manually generating content is the
appropriate solution here. :-/

--tobie