Re: Supporting levels and level-less drafts in /TR, bikeshed

On Tue, 26 Apr 2016, at 12:28, Shane McCarron wrote:
> FWIW I have never understood CSS levels.  And I don't know how they
> map to normal versioning of other things.
>
> As to "living standards" - conformance people don't like living
> standards in the same way that they don't like frequent updates of
> tools.  Large organizations go through a lot of trouble to validate
> that version X of something satisfies their requirements.

Living standards don't imply you can't have versions or take snapshots
along the way. They just treat those as  by products and not  means to
an end. In practice, everyone's looking at editor's drafts anyway, so
living standards is what's happening de facto anyway.

--tobie