Re: Proposed Final Design for W3C Technical Reports style in 2016

On 11/06/2015 11:39 AM, ishida@w3.org wrote:
> On 29/10/2015 18:14, Coralie Mercier wrote:
>> A sample document is also available:
>>    http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/style/design/w3c-restyle/2016/sample
>
> something odd is going on with the chapter numbering.
>
> the top level numbers (eg. 1.) have a period after them that doesn't appear after the lower level numbers (eg. 1.1), which
> seems odd. (I prefer no final period.)
>
> except, in section 7, where lower-level numbering (eg. 7.1., 7.4.2.) has a period after it. (?)

That's just how Bikeshed generates its section numbers.
I filed a bug on changing it to the style you like...
   https://github.com/tabatkins/bikeshed/issues/525
in any case, it doesn't affect the style sheet.

> PS: i'd be interested to see what Appendices look like in the new format. There isn't one in the sample doc.

Appendixes don't get any special formatting, just the
regular section formatting. Was there something you'd
like to see?

~fantasai