Re: Automating generation of static documents on github

On 23/03/2015 15:23 , Shane McCarron wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org
>     Do you have specific issues that you reckon could be fixed there?
>
> Maybe.  I have asked for some guidance.  My understanding is that the
> basic problem is mutation events.  And since there are A LOT of them, it
> becomes challenging for the user.  Maybe there is some event we can
> throw upon completion that would clue in the ATs that the document is
> actually ready.

This seems like a problem that could be relatively common with pages
that load lots of external information and process it progressively.

>     Note that you don't even have to use some locally-installed ReSpec
>     tooling with Travis, you can use the spec-generator service, e.g.:
>     https://labs.w3.org/spec-__generator/?type=respec&url=__https://w3c.github.io/__linkToYourSpec/?specStatus=WD;__shortName=theShortName
>     <https://labs.w3.org/spec-generator/?type=respec&url=https://w3c.github.io/linkToYourSpec/?specStatus=WD;shortName=theShortName>
>
>     The output from that is the generated spec.
>

> Huh.  When I try this with
> https://labs.w3.org/spec-generator/?type=respec&url=http://w3c.github.io/aria/aria/aria.html
> I get an error that the processor timed out.  But I will look into it!

That's not a ReSpec document; it's the generated version. The script is
timing out likely because it is never getting the end-all event.

At any rate you would probably have to tackle on
?specStatus=WD;shortName=wai-aria-1.1 at the end there; the
spec-generator needs that to find the previous version and generate the
right parameters for you.