Re: Using <h2> as subtitle in W3C specifications

On 13/03/2015 02:00 , Liam R. E. Quin wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-03-12 at 14:56 +0100, Robin Berjon wrote:
>> [...] suggested fix would be to transition to using a <p> element
>> with
>> a specific class.
>
> I'm sad to see the loss of shared semantics for a secondary heading.
> This seems contrary to the spirit of HTML 5 to me.

The problem is semantic overload. Using the same element, you can't tell
the difference between a secondary/sub heading and the start of a new
subsection. In a perfect world we'd have had <section> a very long time
ago and it would have been reliably used. Sadly, that's not what we have.