Re: Spec authoring tools

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 10:06:57 -0800
To: Tobie Langel <tobie.langel@gmail.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: "spec-prod@w3.org Prod" <spec-prod@w3.org>
On 12/12/2014 10:32 AM, Tobie Langel wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com <mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> > There's still one or two CSS specs generated from the old CSSWG
> > preprocessor, but Bikeshed is basically a superset over it, so if you
> > can parse Bikeshed you'll be fine.
>

> Thanks. Would the CSS 2.1 spec be a good example of the output of that previous preprocessor?

No, but CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders is, IIRC, still on that preprocessor.
(Note, I expect that to change in the next round of publication or so. But
that's why we have dated snapshots on /TR.)

CSS2.1 is generated using Yet Another Custom Preprocessor. I think it is
specific to CSS2.1.

Wondering why aren't you just using plinss's Shepherd code?

~fantasai