Re: Spec authoring tools

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:

> On 12/12/2014 21:14, Tobie Langel wrote:
>
>> Which uses concatenated &nbsp; entities to mimic nested content in
>> the ToC. #sadpanda
>>

> yes I should probably have changed that this time round.
> when we tried originally couldn't get anything that worked well enough
> (but that was probably ie4 and netscape 4, it goes back a while:-)

 Heh.

the editors draft is public of course, if (when you're done) there is a
> spec for the rules the html version should follow, we/I can easily fit
> just as the current html output is designed to fit pubrules.

That would be grand.

The other option would be to simply add support for it in the tools
themselves, once they're published.

Scraping structure from generated html when that's generated from well
> structured XML seems backwards, but I know that's the world we live in

Heh. Is the src code even available online?

> so if there is a spec for the required structure can generate that.

I don't think there'll be a spec per se, but at least a list of
requirements and tests to pass.

> Can't do much about the documents already in TR of course.

Which is why adding support in the toolset might end up being a more
productive route.

Thanks,

--tobie