Re: Spec authoring tools

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 21:22:07 +0000
To: Tobie Langel <tobie.langel@gmail.com>
CC: "spec-prod@w3.org Prod" <spec-prod@w3.org>
On 12/12/2014 21:14, Tobie Langel wrote:
> Which uses concatenated &nbsp; entities to mimic nested content in
> the ToC. #sadpanda

yes I should probably have changed that this time round.
when we tried originally couldn't get anything that worked well enough
(but that was probably ie4 and netscape 4, it goes back a while:-)

the editors draft is public of course, if (when you're done) there is a
spec for the rules the html version should follow, we/I can easily fit
just as the current html output is designed to fit pubrules.

Scraping structure from generated html when that's generated from well
structured XML seems backwards, but I know that's the world we live in
so if there is a spec for the required structure can generate that.
Can't do much about the documents already in TR of course.

David