Re: Spec authoring tools

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 08:23:47 -0800
To: Tobie Langel <tobie.langel@gmail.com>
Cc: "spec-prod@w3.org Prod" <spec-prod@w3.org>
On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 8:14 AM, Tobie Langel <tobie.langel@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm currently doing some work that involves parsing specs to gather some of
> their content.
>
> Given that there's pretty much no standard for how specs are structured, I'm
> mostly forced to branch per spec authoring tool.
>
> Right now, I've identified Respec (drafts and rendered), Bikeshed and
> Anolis. Am I missing any?

There's still one or two CSS specs generated from the old CSSWG
preprocessor, but Bikeshed is basically a superset over it, so if you
can parse Bikeshed you'll be fine.

There's also Hixie's custom pipeline for HTML, and the SVGWG processor
which is entirely distinct.

I recommend talking to plinss, as he's already done a lot of the
compat work necessary to parse different types of specs.

~TJ