Re: Publication workflow future

From: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 15:14:29 +0100
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
CC: spec-prod <spec-prod@w3.org>, public-openw3c@w3.org
On 03/12/2014 20:40 , Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-12-03 at 11:21 -0800, Marcos Caceres wrote:
>> Would be awesome if you could put this on github, if you haven't already. Would be great to track what is going on.
>
> Shane has been doing some work on the linkchecker at
>   https://github.com/halindrome/linkchecker
>
> The rule checker is at
>   https://github.com/w3c/specberus
>   it's deployed at http://www.w3.org/2014/10/pubrules/
>
> The third party resource checker is at
>   https://github.com/dontcallmedom/third-party-resources-checker
>
> I'll need to ask about the plan for the central piece itself, ie the
> piece that will tie all the services together but it might be too
> specific to our quirks.

There's also the spec-generator:

     https://github.com/w3c/spec-generator

The idea is that you can simply state in your manifest that the spec
source is in a given format, and the generated version is built for you
without you having to worry about it in a commit hook or whatnot.

The prototype only supports ReSpec, but it's generic and adding Bikeshed
would be pretty easy.

Note that this is not a tool that we currently plan to expose at a given
public endpoint, just use it internally from the automated publisher.
But of course if you want to add support for other great formats such as
Markdown, Word, or XMLSpec feel free to go crazy :)