Re: [restyle] Questionnaire wrt Redesign of the W3C Spec Templates

Should this include wiki pages? Our (i.e. the W3C TTWG's) TTML spec
references a more dynamically updatable registry of attribute values at
[1], so to that extent the output generated from MediaWiki can be
considered publicly viewable and at least an adjunct to, if not a
normative part of, our specifications. Therefore IMHO the styling of W3C
wiki pages is somewhat relevant to this redesign work.

Assuming that wikis are not off-topic, timeless pointed out recently that
the wiki-generated output, e.g. the table at [2] can be less accessible
(and has poorer visual styling) than the table in 2.2 Milestones of [3],
especially on mobile devices. Those two tables look like they should be
representing similar information. The wiki table is generated using
standard wiki markup, but the HTML/CSS it produces a) doesn't share a
visual language with other W3C group output - heading fonts and the W3C
logo are similar, is all - and b) doesn't seem to be as universally
accessible.

[1] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/RoleRegistry

[2] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications

[3] http://www.w3.org/2014/03/timed-text-charter.html

NB in this particular case [1] doesn't happen to use a table, which is why
I've made the comparison between [2] and [3] that are about our charter
and deliverables, but the principle remains.

So in conclusion, I'd advocate:

1. improving the styling of our MediaWiki-generated output to share some
of the visual language and minimum accessibility standards that our specs
and charter documentation use, though being distinct enough so that it
doesn't appear quite as normative.
2. Including charter documentation within scope of the spec templates
being redesigned.

Apologies if that looks like scope-creep for the project,

Nigel