Re: [restyle] Questionnaire wrt Redesign of the W3C Spec Templates

James Craig wrote:
> Great. Please take advantage of the accessibility work that Shane and others have put into ReSpec. Here are a few CSS gotchas that would be difficult to work around.
>
> 1. Please make sure everything works with full keyboard access and visible (prefab lay native) focus styles.
> 2. Please use native HTML widgets and controls. E.g.<details>  is fine with a polyfill, but a custom collapse widget would not be.
> 3. Please use native scrolling for everything, too. E.g. Overflow: auto is fine; just don’t try to fake a native scroll view with position offset transforms.
>
> Also, please avoid relying on some of the newer aspects of CSS that don’t have great accessibility support yet, like navindex, flexbox, and nth-fragment.

+1. While we should take advantage of newer markup patterns and
development methods, solid legacy user agent support is important for
core spec 'features'.

It's great that Steve is also volunteering to help with the a11y work.
I'd be happy to troubleshoot stuff if you need a hand also.

Thanks

Josh