Re: ReSpec toolchain...

Okay Steve - happy to ignore the A11Y aspect of it.

Regardless, it is an unreasonable burden for the consumers of our specs to
have to wait while they are rendered via JS.  On a large spec, even on a
modern client, this can take many many seconds.  Also, there is the
(substantial) risk that the document will effectively change from one day
to the next as improvements / changes are made to ReSpec.

I would oppose any movement toward allowing formal W3C specification
publications to be dynamically generated in the client.