Re: Informative components of w3c specifications

I think the original request was so that the consumer would not have to do
anything special to know that a section is non-normative.  However, as you
point out, for actual "sections" there is a paragraph that states the
section is non-normative, so that may well be "enough".  Mark is on holiday
- we can see what he says when he returns.

My question that started this thread was not really about sections so much
as things that are NOT sections (e.g., notes).  In the case of a note there
is rarely a header other than "NOTE".  On a note are you okay with
embedding a role and label?