Re: Some thoughts on a new publication approach

On 2013/10/30 0:39, Simon Sapin wrote:
> Le 29/10/2013 15:22, Robin Berjon a écrit :
>> (There are also resource issues to consider, a spider going through all
>> the history of a long and complex draft would likely use up
>> non-negligible resources.)
>
> I don’t think a spider is needed. It could be server side-software that
> serves files directly from the repository based on a commit hash in the
> URL, which AFAIK is not very resource-intensive.

I agree. I don't know if spider refers to e.g. search engines or
something more W3C-internal.

If it's search engines, I'd not be worried. They have a lot more to
crawl than a few draft versions, and seem to be doing just fine.

If it's internal, then it always can be cached somehow, that's probably
what Simon is referring to.

Regards,    Martin.