Re: YA proposal to bring /TR/ into the 21st century

On 2013/10/28 23:24, Markus Lanthaler wrote:

> I think this is just a usability issue. "RETIRED" on that page is a header
> for a list of retired specifications. On the page cited above, there are no
> such specifications. Have a look at, e.g.,
>
>    http://www.w3.org/standards/history/svgprint
>
> to see how it is supposed to look like.

That helps quite a bit for understanding the CSS case, but shows another
problem.

The page essentially says that the Last Call published on 2007-12-21 is
retired, which I'd assume is correct, but it leaves the First Public
Draft of 2003-07-15 above the Retired heading, which would imply that
it's still active.

I don't know the specifics of that draft, but I'd bet that the First
Public Draft isn't active either. So in terms of semantics, I'd assume
that in most cases, if a document is retired, then all the older
versions should also be show under retired; indeed 'retired', while
executed on a specific draft, should be a property of the whole series,
or should at least be shown as such.

So there seems to be more work necessary than just hiding the 'retired'
header when there's nothing listed under it.

Regards,   Martin.