Re: IDL problem

On Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Robin Berjon wrote:

> On 18/09/2013 18:09 , Richard Ishida wrote:
> > PS: I'm really starting to wonder whether I should reconsider using
> > respec. It's so brittle! The last three documents I've tried to publish
> > would have been published *much* faster if I'd just used a text editor.
> > Do we have adequate tests in place, and are they used after people
> > tweak the code?
>

> No one is making you use it Richard :)
Yeah, it was not really Respec's fault.

Also, I don't know why the W3C staff is being asked to prepare document's at this level. If an Editor wants to publish something, they should fully prepare the document: get it to pass pub rules, etc. and then hand it over to the W3C staff for a look over just to make sure it's ok. I've never expected that a team member would do any actual manipulation of the markup (as it seems really unfair and a waste of time to have to deal with such things).

Kind regards,
Marcos