Re: ReSpec and https

On 14/08/2013 17:04 , Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 7:44 AM, Shane McCarron <ahby@aptest.com> wrote:
>> I noticed today that ReSpec generates https:// for the W3C logo and
>> stylesheet.  Is there a reason for this?  The W3C validator complains about
>> it.
>
> Likely so you don't get mixed content warnings when viewing things on
> https pages (like the dvcs repo).

Precisely. We tried the option of being smart based on where the draft
was generated, but generated drafts get moved around and things break.
We tried using // instead but too many people do things like checking
drafts from the local file system and got confused (or even just an
unpleasant experience).

I doubt the W3C validator complains about this; I presume Shane meant
pubrules. That's a bug in pubrules :)