Re: Editor's drafts on /TR/… ftw, was Re: new TR tools and editor's drafts?

Le 03/07/2013 14:07, Shane McCarron a écrit :
> I agree with much of this.  However, I would not like to see working
> groups be able to update documents in the final states of the process
> (e.g., CR, PR, REC, PER) without staff review and approval.  Those are
> the lawyer documents, and W3C has liability and responsibility.

I think we can make the actual publication much easier (eg. not require
coordination of several people) without changing the requirements for
review and approval.

Just because you have technical access to do something doesn’t mean you
are allowed to do it, it’s just a matter of trust and ability to clean
up in case someone abuses that trust.

But yes, we could start for example with just WDs and see how it goes.

--
Simon Sapin