Re: Testing using Spec Runner

On 03/07/2013 05:19 , Shane McCarron wrote:
> I am finishing up the RDFa extensions to ReSpec and I, naturally, want
> to add tests to exercise it. I sort of understand the architecture of
> the tests, but I am frustrated debugging and running the tests.  Is
> there a doc somewhere or a best practice I can follow?  For example, if
> I use the makeRSDoc function to create a skeletal document so I can
> interrogate it, is there an easy way to just *look* at the generated
> document?  I know what it is supposed to look like, but...

It depends on what your preferred debugging environment is. I'm much
better at sifting through logged output than at interacting with a
debugger, so in this case I just console.log() the variables I need (for
a document, you'll actually get the document).

You can however use the debugger for this, it's just a question of
putting the breakpoint at the right position for async code.

I hope you've noticed that you can click on a test group header to load
a view with just that test. It's a lot faster to run than the full suite :)