Re: Proposed pubrules change for clearer indication of First Public/Last Call Working Draft at top of document

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 19:15:59 -0000, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> IMO, LC should absolutely not be viewed as stable (only for marketing
> reasons or to deliberately deceive). It just means that it won't get any
> more features at that particular moment - but the stability of those
> features is not guaranteed in any way…

But this is what people are looking for actually, a spec that 1) are not
expecting to see major features added 2) whose features can surely be
modified but only if there is a good reason for it (e.g. they were very
broken). Currently the editor draft doesn't give you this sort of
guarantee.

So I agree that spec evolves, but is still useful to know if a particular
document is on a "stabilization path" or if it's still evolving. And for
people not involved in the everyday work these sort of milestones are the
only indication of this sort.

--
Giuseppe Pascale
Product Manager TV & Connected Devices