Re: Removing XHTML saving from ReSpec?

From: Shane McCarron <ahby@aptest.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:24:22 -0600
To: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Cc: Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>, "spec-prod@w3.org" <spec-prod@w3.org>
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:

>> I guess HTML4+RDFa might be. I will start lobbying for that now.
>

> I'll lobby for HTML5+RDFa, no point in downgrading perfectly fine markup!

The problem with it is that, while it may work in modern user agents,
it does not in legacy user agents.  And it does not in screen readers.
 And lots of other technology out there that we just don't encounter
every day.  The constituency of the W3C is broader than people who run
the latest version of Chrome.

--
Shane P. McCarron