Re: Removing XHTML saving from ReSpec?

On 25/02/2013 15:44 , Shane McCarron wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:
>> Actually that's not true. HTML5 is permitted and has been for a while.
>> That's why ReSpec produces HTML5!
>
> It is not permitted in Recommendations.  Just in earlier drafts.
> Unless something changed and I missed it.  Only approved grammars that
> are a Recommendation may be used in W3C Recommendations.

As per https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2012JanMar/0077.html
(member-only):

"We plan to extend to Recommendations once we have gained some experience."

We have experience and HTML5 is a CR. The features that ReSpec is using
(e.g. <section>) aren't going to disappear. So we're discussing
revisiting that restriction (I'll get back to you as soon as I know).

>> We can use HTML5 and it's not a Rec. Is there any reason why we couldn't use
>> HTML5 + RDFa too? Is it unstable? I thought we had something reliable at
>> this stage. Are people really expected to deploy RDFa in XHTML? That doesn't
>> seem viable (and surprises me a good deal!).
>
> It is stable but it is not a Recommendation.

If it's stable I see no reason not to use it!