Re: Removing XHTML saving from ReSpec?

On 22/02/2013 14:58 , Karl Dubost wrote:
> Le 22 févr. 2013 à 04:04, Robin Berjon a écrit :
>> I'm considering removing the save as XHTML option from ReSpec.
>
> Could you highlight the exact differences in between the two output
> in your current implementation. I guess that would help people decide
> if they can live with or without it.

The primary differences are, in XHTML mode:

1) the output is WF XML
2) the DOCTYPE is one of the XHTML ones
3) RDFa somehow seems to depend on this

For (1) there's Michael's objection that he likes to post-edit in an XML
editor. I'd love to hear about what kind of post-editing we're talking
about because the point is sort of that there shouldn't be any ;)

For (2) this is the heart of the problem because if we want to stay
valid with legacy XHTML we have to downgrade the HTML5 elements. One
option could be to just use the HTML doctype (but since I don't really
understand the use cases for supporting XHTML nowadays, it might be that
this breaks something).

For (3) I think that's a bug, RDFa should work in HTML.