ReSpec2 not working locally in Firefox, Chrome or IE

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:03:32 +0200
Cc: Cotton Franck <franck.cotton@insee.fr>
To: spec-prod@w3.org
Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a new ReSpec2 project (have only used v1 before). I cloned the Mercurial repository, and opened the local index.html file in a browser.

This works on Safari -- I see the styled start page, and can click around to look at the various parts of the documentation. All looks good.

It doesn't work in any other browser -- I see the unstyled raw HTML. The same happens for any of the other .html documents in the repository.

In Firefox, the error is shown as:

  NS_ERROR_DOM_BAD_URI: Access to restricted URI denied
  require.js (line 59)

Am I doing something wrong, or does ReSpec2 indeed not work locally on any browser but Safari?

Cheers,
Richard