Re: validation problems with respec output

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 08:55:08 +0200
To: "Michael[tm] Smith" <mike@w3.org>
CC: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, spec-prod@w3.org
On 2012-07-05 13:10, Michael[tm] Smith wrote:
> 2. rel="biblioentry" in bibliography links. The HTML5 spec requires all rel
> values to either be defined in the HTML5 spec itself or to be registered as
> a valid values at http://microformats.org/wiki/existing-rel-values
>
> "biblioentry" is listed there, but in the "dropped" section
> http://microformats.org/wiki/existing-rel-values#dropped which says "In
> general, you should not use any dropped values." And the reason biblioentry
> is listed in that section is because it was once listed in a pre-HTML4
> non-normative "Proposed Relationship Values" draft but never actually ended
> up being included in the HTML4 specification. So there is actually no
> normative specification for biblioentry anywhere.

I agree that not properly defined rel names should not be used.

On the other hand, the validity thing is incorrect; we have
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0556.html>
(decided over three months ago but not in the spec yet) which makes
these checks optional.

Best regards, Julian