Re: W3C Spec Restyle Phase II (deleting authors/editors)

From: Martin J. Dürst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 13:36:11 +0900
To: liam@w3.org
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, spec-prod <spec-prod@w3.org>
On 2012/07/04 7:26, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 14:01 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Liam R E Quin<liam@w3.org>  wrote:

>>> (6) I don't think crossing out former editors is appropriate - move them
>>> to an appendix perhaps. The text needs to be understood even when CSS is
>>> not applied, or when the document is printed, or read out loud. Agree
>>> it's cute though :-)
>>
>> They're in a<del>, so that's definitely accessible.
>
> In that sense it is, yes, but the reason why they are deleted is not.

There are all kinds of reasons why somebody steps down as an
author/editor. I'm also one of those affected (see
http://www.w3.org/TR/charmod-norm/). But crossing these people out as in
the proposed stylesheet, or marking them as <del>, doesn't feel right at
all and kind of looks ridiculous. <del> works well for changes in
versions that show differences, but not for final versions.

Regards,   Martin.