Re: ReSpec: Evolution

Le jeudi 24 mai 2012 à 15:26 +0200, Robin Berjon a écrit :
> With the first release of v3 you get a bundle weighing in at 497K over
> one single request (which includes all dependencies, including CSS).
> Yes, that's way too much. But with v1 you were loading 469K over
> eleven requests so all things considered I believe that overall the
> new version is already a little bit faster. As I progressively
> transition the v2 code over, I believe that I can shave off ~300K from
> that. If you have suggestions on how to served gzipped content from
> GitHub I'll take them (v3 is 123K gzipped so it's worth it). Or if
> there's a simple release script I can use to push the releases to
> another site where this would be served gzipped, I'm certainly open to
> it

I think it would make sense to serve ReSpec v3 from somewhere in w3.org
(where we could also easily get it sent gzipped). This would also
alleviate some of my concerns  with sharing all our traffic to our
editors draft with github :)

I think it would be fairly simple to do: if you set up a post-commit
hook in github.com that sends an email to sysbot+github@w3.org, I'll
make the right thing happens.

Dom