Re: Thoughts about future pubrules

On Wed, 2012-05-02 at 22:48 +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
> On 02/05/2012 18:40, Alexandre Bertails wrote:
> > Because of these reasons, I would propose to go for *only one way* to
> > do things.

> Any system is of course replaceable, but replacing the build system
> and getting back to an equivalent spec would be a complicated and
> error prone undertaking.

The build systems used for older documents should remain in place for
the purpose of producing revised editions - for one thing there may not
be resources to devote to moving to a new system, and for another it's
necessary to generate diff markup.

Most specs in the XML Activity today use xmlspec or some variant of it,
and XSLT to convert that to XHTML and in at least some cases to PDF.

Liam