Re: Other designation than "Editor"?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:31:27 +0100
To: spec-prod@w3.org
On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:04:37 +0100, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:
> Ego/career advancement aside, what is the use case for designating
> authorship or/vs editorial ship (e.g., is there some legal reason to
> list authors or editors)?

I don't know. It seems useful to know who is responsible for a given
document though. The reason for making the distinction was mainly that
"Editor" does not really describe the relation that person has to the
document well. I don't really care that much either, just curious what
other people thought.

> I'm wondering because a lot of other standards setting bodies don't list
> Editors or authors.

Interesting. W3C/IETF/WHATWG all do. But I guess they've all been inspired
by each other.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/