Re: CC license on figures in specs?

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 16:37:22 +0000
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Cc: spec-prod@w3.org
Ian Jacobs writes:

> On 15 Dec 2011, at 10:27 AM, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>
>> Anybody ever put e.g. a CC 3.0 Sharealike with citation license on one
>> or more figures in a W3C Rec.?  Any reason not to?
>
> I believe that would conflict with the Document License.

Well, obviously I wondered about that, and, equally obviously, IANAL,
but I thought that a single figure was likely to be reusable under
fair-use _anyway_, so we might as well ask for credit, and it's a way
to acknowledge a contribution from the 'artist'. . .

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 651-1426, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk