Re: References Re: What are the requirements/problems? Re: Working on New Styles for W3C Specifications

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:14:33 -0800
To: spec-prod@w3.org
> =
> The references need to show what the spec author was referring to when
> he wrote the text he wrote. If a spec is updated after that, either
> the reference will still be valid (no problem), or it will be broken
> because of the update - in that case, the people reading the spec need
> to know that the text they are reading does NOT refer to the newer
> specification.

I've actually run into this problem with references to UAX29.
Older versions just defined "grapheme clusters". Newer ones
have "legacy grapheme clusters" and "extended grapheme clusters".
If there wasn't a dated reference, it would be unclear what the
editor meant. So I like Karl's suggestion to include both.

~fantasai