Re: Joint specs

On 14 Dec 2011, at 4:46 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been looking at generating boilerplate for specifications produced jointly by multiple groups but pubrules doesn't seem to have set rules for this. All the documentation I could find was:
>
> """
> Note: Contact the Communications Team for suitable adaptations in the case where a document has been published jointly by more than one group. In the adaptation, be sure that the text for informative-only specs or specs not going to Rec is the same as the standard text.
> """
>
> Is there some existing boilerplate or should I just scare something up and hope that it flies? I've been looking for examples but all the documents I could find that were worked on by multiple groups either seem to have been published by just one or haven't been published at all yet.
>
> PS: I know that this isn't the Comms Team, but I thought that others could be interested in the answer too :)

Here's an example [1], in which 2 paras are relevant:

 * This is a Working Draft as described in the Process Document. It was jointly developed by the W3C XSL Working Group and the W3C XML Query Working Group, each of which is part of the XML Activity. The Working Groups expect to advance this specification to Recommendation Status.

 * This document was produced by groups operating under the 5 February 2004 W3C Patent Policy. W3C maintains a public list of any patent disclosures made in connection with the deliverables of the XML Query Working Group and also maintains a public list of any patent disclosures made in connection with the deliverables of the XSL Working Group; those pages also include instructions for disclosing a patent. An individual who has actual knowledge of a patent which the individual believes contains Essential Claim(s) must disclose the information in accordance with section 6 of the W3C Patent Policy.

Hope that helps...

Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-xslt-xquery-serialization-30-20110614/