Re: [respec] acronyms

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:04:33 +0100, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Nov 23, 2011, at 11:03 , Giuseppe Pascale wrote:
>> **
>> The tool is also capable of producing a diff-marked version. , but if
>> you
>> have a configuration setting of 'previousDiffURI' set to a document to
>> compare to When selected, the tool will use special configuration
>> parameter 'previousDiffURI' (or the previousURI if previousDiffURI is
>> not
>> defined) and the current content to produce a diffmarked version by
>> passing parameters 'oldfile' and 'newcontent' to the diff tool.
>> **
>> may benefit from some rephrasing (remove but? add a dot before "When",
>> etc).
>>
>> Also, the all thing doesn't seem to work for me, for the usual document:
>> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webtv/raw-file/bfe55ab5488f/hnreq/hnreq.html
>>
>> Bug or me not using it properly?
>
> One of the joys of open source is that I have very little idea how the
> diff tool works, and have not used it even once :) I've Cc'ed Shane who
> wrote the code. The only thing that I know about it is that I've seen
> people use it and that it worked for them (within the limits of the
> server-side diff tool's abilities — it is known to screw up on some
> things IIRC).

Thanks, but I'm not sure if you got my comment right.
I'm not sure if the tool works or not, I was wondering how the all thing
works since I would expect respec to generate a link like "diff with the
previous version" at the top of the document. But I don't see any such a
link. Is it supposed to work like this? Do I need to add some more
settings?

/g

--
Giuseppe Pascale