Re: W3C Publications Ecosystem Breakout Summary

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 14:53:52 +0100
Cc: Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com>, "spec-prod@w3.org Prod" <spec-prod@w3.org>, "fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
On Nov 10, 2011, at 19:36 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
> You raise a good implicit point… the initial fixes to the template must/must not be bound to tools (e.g., the bug tracker). IMO, at least for the first round, it should not be. Be cool if at the end of the first iteration we just get a CSS file and maybe some images to point to…. then we can move onto a nice UI for commenting, linking specs to test suites and to implementation reports.

The action that Vincent and Fantasai got is indeed strictly stylistic. There is a completely separate project to provide rich tools for specifications. That one is up for whoever wants to grab it. I don't think that use cases and requirements are the way to go for this at this stage — I think the scratch the itch methodology would work much better :)