Re: htmldiff issue

From: =JeffH <Jeff.Hodges@KingsMountain.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 01:07:23 -0700
To: spec-prod@w3.org
 > Or.... use the in-built htmldiff
 > support in respec.  It can generate the html and then compare that
 > output with a static html version.

Yes, thanks, I've tried. It isn't working for me.

I added..

   previousDiffURI:
"https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/content-security-policy/raw-file/tip/csp-unofficial-draft-20110315.html",

..to a local copy of csp-specification.dev.html on my machine, then rendered it
in a browser (ReSpec seems to work fine), then Cntl-Alt-Shift-s, click
[Diffmark], and the diff generation begins, but then hangs with a blank page
and a message of "There is no oldfile and no oldcontent parameter."

Should this approach not work?

In terms of rendered html diffs, and the W3C Mercurial web app, I'd like to be
able to diff a rendered view of the latest version of a spec against some
identified prior version, or other referenceable file, as well as rendered-view
diffs between individual changesets,  sorta like wikipedia can do.

thanks,

=JeffH