Re: ReSpec and references

I think the proper way to deal with this is through using fragments. For instance, [[CSS#named-pages]]. The question is, how to extract the relevant information to make a reasonable reference?

Ultimately, bibliography information should be scoured from the documents themselves, presumably marked up with RDFa, as you've helped facilitate. Other documents might be processed using a GRDDL-like process to construct similar information, then a reference processor can make reasonable references using information defined in the document itself.

For example, from the recent RDFa-core document, we get statements such as the following:

@base <http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/drafts/2010/WD-rdfa-core-20100803/> .
@prefix bibo: <http://purl.org/ontology/bibo/> .
@prefix dcterms: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/> .
@prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .
@prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
@prefix xhv: <http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab#> .

<> dcterms:title "RDFa Core 1.1";
  dcterms:issued "2010-08-03T05:00:00+0000"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#dateTime>;
   dcterms:publisher [ a foaf:Organization;
     foaf:homepage <http://www.w3.org/>;
     foaf:name "World Wide Web Consotrium"];
   bibo:editor [ a foaf:Person;
     foaf:mbox <mailto:ben@adida.net>;
     foaf:name "Ben Adida";
     foaf:workplaceHomepage <http://creativecommons.org/>],
   [ a foaf:Person;
     foaf:mbox <mailto:mark.birbeck@webBackplane.com>;
     foaf:name "Mark Birbeck";
     foaf:workplaceHomepage <http://webbackplane.com/>],
   [ a foaf:Person;
     foaf:homepage <http://blog.halindrome.com/>;
     foaf:mbox <mailto:shane@aptest.com>;
     foaf:name "Shane McCarron";
     foaf:workplaceHomepage <http://www.aptest.com/>],
   [ a foaf:Person;
     foaf:mbox <mailto:ivan@w3.org>;
     foaf:name "Ivan Herman";
     foaf:workplaceHomepage <http://www.w3.org/>];
<#accessing-the-processor-graph> a bibo:Chapter .
<#chaining> a bibo:Chapter .
<#changing-the-evaluation-context> a bibo:Chapter .
<#compact-uris> a bibo:Chapter .
<#conformance> a bibo:Chapter .
<#creating-a-new-item-with--typeof> a bibo:Chapter .
<#determining-the-subject-with-neither--about-nor--typeof> a bibo:Chapter .

Actually, the code could be a bit better, and extract section titles as well, for example:

<#accessing-the-processor-graph> a bibo:Chapter .
  dcterms:title "7.6.1 Accessing the Processor Graph" .

A reference could then be made to [[RDFA-CORE#accessing-the-processor-graph]] which could create something like the following:

Of course, given the RDF graph, we don't need to maintain biblio files, and could simply make a reference to [[http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/drafts/2010/WD-rdfa-core-20100803/accessing-the-processor-graph]], which could extract everything needed for making a reference from the RDF itself. Biblio files are useful when the source isn't in a standard RDF graph and statements need to either be created by hand, or though a separate processing step. It should be easy enough to process the existing biblio files to create information in RDFa format suitable for creating such references.

Gregg