Re: Proposed W3C Spec Conventions

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:57:14 -0500
To: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
CC: Spec Prod <spec-prod@w3.org>
Hi, Norm-

Norman Walsh wrote (on 2/16/10 3:45 PM):
> Doug Schepers<schepers@w3.org>  writes:
>>  I have updated the specification conventions based on some more
>>  feedback, and I'm currently using these conventions in DOM3 Events,
>
> Thanks, Doug. I think common conventions are a great idea. I've put it
> on my reading list. I'll see if I can emulate (at least some of) them
> in XProc. (Which is built with my own DocBook-based toolchain.)

Thanks, that's great to hear!

Yeah, spec conventions are hardly a flash of genius... the hard part is
just getting people to agree what needs to be done, and to get people to
start using them.  So, I really appreciate your support.

If you have any changes or suggestions from your experience, please do
bring them back to this list and we can revise the document.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs