[ReSpec] dated versions of works in progress

From: Max Froumentin <maxfro@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 14:05:18 +0200
To: Spec Prod <spec-prod@w3.org>
Should the ReSpec bibliography file contain multiple dated versions of
continually evolving documents (e.g. editor's drafts)?

If my specification is based on HTML5 as it was on 2 January 2010,
someone else's reference might be another date, and so on. We might end
up with dozens of versions in the database.

I would therefore like to suggest that we remove dates from the works in
progress in the bibliography. That should work unless a document refers
to a specific feature of the work in progress, that was later removed
(meaning that the reference is non-normative). In that case only adding
a dated bibliography entry should be allowed.

Does that work?

Max.