Re: link elements

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:03:36 +0200
To: "Karl Dubost" <karl@w3.org>
Cc: "W3C XML Spec folks" <spec-prod@w3.org>

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 04:40:37 +0200, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi Chaals,
> Le 12 sept. 06 à 20:55, Charles McCathieNevile a écrit :
>> following a discussion with Rhys Lewis, it seems that the XML Spec has
>> no support for adding link elements in the head of a single HTML file.
>> Would it be possible to have at least the rel="contents" link included?
> Could you give a more detailed use case or markup examples in XML Spec

Not without reading a lot more of XMLSpec than I want to do again.

> plus the output in XHTML. Just to clarify.

<link rel="contents" href="#contents" />

(this is already generated in multi-page specs, so it can't be rocket
science for the people who write the XSLT). The use case is that browsers
can offer a consistent one-key shortcut to get to the table of contents,
rather than bouncing around the document looking for links. It's why link
was in HTML all those years ago.

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com