"this version" link on manual of style should be "latest version"

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:27:46 -0500
To: Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
Cc: spec-prod@w3.org

I just realized that the label on the title
page of the manual is misleading:

"This version:
        http://www.w3.org/2001/06/manual "

Elsewhere in W3C[1], "this version" indicates a URI
where you can get the dated version you're looking at,
even after the latest version of the document is revised.

But http://www.w3.org/2001/06/manual is updated
in place; it's a "latest version" URI.

[1] section "Document Identifiers" of pubrules,
which doesn't seem to have a handy fragment to refer to.
http://www.w3.org/2005/07/pubrules?uimode=filter&uri=

It's not very explicit about what "this version" means.

I also looked at "Version Management in W3C Technical Reports"
http://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-versions

but it mostly discusses "latest version" rather than "this version".

The TAG has a possibly-relevant finding in progress...
ironically, it features the same mis-labelling...

On Linking Alternative Representations To Enable Discovery And
Publishing
DRAFT TAG Finding 01 08 2006
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/alternatives-discovery.html

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E