email tracking (especially last call comments) with RDF/N3/cwm

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:37:38 -0500
To: spec-prod@w3.org, public-cwm-talk@w3.org

I just did another update of...

 SPARQL Last Call Comment Status

and it occurs to me that I'm pretty happy with this business
of tracking email threads with N3 rules; maybe it deserves
a section/chapter in

 Semantic Web Tutorial Using N3

I should certainly add something to ...

I originally developed it for OWL/WebOnt...

  WebOnt Last Call Comment Status

and later adapted it for webarch/TAG...

  WebArch Last Call Comment Status

I think Norm Walsh used it for one of the XML Core WG specs;
he added explicit support for marking threads as spam, as
I recall.

The cwm bug status page is also maintained this way.

That suggests to me that this email schema/ontology is pretty
mature now...

It's discussed a bit in...

with a link to some code that supports it...

but it probably deserves a better write-up too... e.g. how
the mail:mbox property relates to foaf:mbox and contact:mbox.

The MASE archive search supports results in RDF format,
but it's missing something that I use... references, I think...
so I use rsync/ssh to get at the raw email archives. Now
that we publish email archives in mbox format, I could use
that. (hmm... I don't see that documented in
http://www.w3.org/Mail/Archives )

EricP and I are noodling on adding SPARQL support to
the MASE search system. That would be even more straightforward.

Sorry this is a bit cryptic... I'm looking for somebody
to write it up.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E