Re: Square-bracket output of Definition in specs is bogus

* Norman Walsh wrote:
>The second style uses color to distinguish the extent of the definition.
>I thought that the QA folks had ruled that out-of-order on the grounds
>that color is not available in some UAs.

That depends on whether any form of highlighting is actually necessary
to understand the text. I would argue that text that really depends on
[Definition: ... ] marks is broken and that such marks should rather be
understood as aids. If they are not essential, replacing them by color
or other style information is not really an issue, but I don't think
replacing them with color (or background-color) would be an improvement,
see for example (member-only)

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-archive/2005Feb/att-0119/xml10te-with-color.html

Seems more distracting that helpful to me.