Re: Block quotation

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:21:25 -0500
To: spec-prod@w3.org
/ Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> was heard to say:
| * Henry S. Thompson wrote:
|>Not obvious to me what markup to use for block quotation -- anyone got
|>a suggestion?
|
| slist. From http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/spec-prod/html/xmlspec.xsl there is
| no other element that would map to <blockquote>.

Yeah, but the comment reads:

  <!-- slist: simple list -->
  <!-- using a <blockquote> to indent the list is very wrong, but it works -->

In fact, that code goes back a bunch of years and should probably be
rewritten so that it relies on a div w/CSS to perform the indentation.

As far as I can see, xmlspec doesn't have a blockquote element.

I suppose one could be added...

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm