Re: TR Bibliography extractor

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 04:39, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There was some discussion back in July about using the TR in RDF data to
> facilitate the creation of bibliography in XMLSpec; while I'm not sure
> where we are on this topic, nor who should have any action on it, I
> wrote up a small tool to re-use these data for creating XHTML
> bibliography, along discussions I had with Ian Jacobs.
> As so often these days :), the tool is based on XSLT:
> http://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/tr-biblio.xsl

This is really cool... another wish come true.

Request for Enhancement: support link targets.
The input should consist of pairs
	label URI
and the bibliography should be formatted:

  <dd>...</dd>

Maybe make the labels a check-box option.

> which should present you with XML/CSS or XSLT-aware browsers with an
> HTML form to submit URIs on which you want to get bibliographic data.
>
> You can give it dated or undated URIs, separated by a space or a line
> return. For instance, with the following URIs:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-ops/
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-qaframe-spec-20030912/
>
> the results is as follows:
> """
>    QA Framework: Operational Guidelines
> , L. Henderson, D. Hazaël-Massieux, L. Rosenthal, K. Gavrylyuk,
> Editors, W3C Candidate Recommendation, 22 September 2003, available at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-qaframe-ops-20030922/ .

Strike "available at" there. That URI is the official name
of the document, not just a handy place to find a copy.

Hmm... the manual[1] says "A sentence containing a text-only URI."

For documents that have institutionalized identifiers and
bear them on their title page, I think the sentence isn't
called for.

APA suggests

 Retrieved November 20, 2000, from
http://journals.apa.org/prevention/volume3/pre0030001a.html

 -- http://www.apastyle.org/elecsource.html

>  Latest version
> available at http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-ops/ .
>
>     QA Framework: Specification Guidelines
> , D. Hazaël-Massieux, L. Henderson, L. Rosenthal,  Editors, W3C Working
> Draft, 12 September 2003, available at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-qaframe-spec-20030912/ . Latest version
> available at http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec/ .
> """
> [with the appropriate links embedded]
> http://www.w3.org/2000/06/webdata/xslt?xslfile=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2002%2F01%2Ftr-automation%2Ftr-biblio.xsl&xmlfile=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2002%2F01%2Ftr-automation%2Ftr-logs.rdf&uris=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FTR%2Fqaframe-ops%2F%0D%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FTR%2F2003%2FWD-qaframe-spec-20030912%2F%0D%0A
>
> I have tried to follow the formatting suggestions given by the Manual of
> Style [1].

Request for enhancement:

 If a reference is a W3C Recommendation track technical report that has
not reached Recommendation, state in the References section that it is
"work in progress."