Re: New XML Spec release (translation database)

I hope I understand the questions properly...

Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 05:45, Ivan Herman wrote:
>
>>Dan,
>>
>>you found the essential one... not also that you can call the CGI script
>>requesting the returned value to be in RDF. It will collect the right
>>information for, eg, a specific document and return the RDF part.
>>
>>Actually, nobody used that alternative yet, I am sure there are bugs
>>there. And I am also sure you will tell me if you find any... however: I
>>am on vacations. Ie, I may or may not react immediately!
>>
>>See
>>
>>http://www.w3.org/2003/03/Translations/byTechnology?technology=REC-xml&output=RDF
>

> Is there a mapping of tech-report-URIs to technologies?

I took over the method from Dominique when massaging the TR page. This
means using the non-dated URI for a document to generate an ID using the
following python function:

#
# Generation of an ID from a "shortname", IE the non-dated URI-s
identifying the core document
# The generation follows Dominique's way of generating ID-s when
generating the /TR pages
#
def generateId(resource,ID=false):
	uri = "%s" % (resource,)
	# get the possible trailing '/' off:
	if uri.endswith('/') :
		uri = uri[:-1]
	# make the uri relative, ie, cut off all characters before the last '/'
	slin = uri.rfind('/')
	if slin != -1 :
		uri = uri[slin+1:]
	# some uri-s might contain '+' signs, get them out:
	retval = uri.replace('+','-').replace('.','-')
	if id == false :
		return retval
	else :
		# A further issue is to get everything out before a '#'
		hash = retval.rfind('#')
		if hash == -1 :
			return retval
		else :
			return retval[hash+1:]

the shortname can be extracted from

http://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/tr.rdf

using the predicate 'doc:versionOf'.

B.t.w.:

http://www.w3.org/2003/04/CoolRDFs.xml

is a good collection; if you have other entries to add, please do!

Ivan

> Or can I use the actuall URI of the XML REC as
> input to this CGI?

No. ;-(

--

Ivan Herman