Re: Python Tool for excerpting schema/examples into XHTML spec

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:00:08 -0500
To: ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson)
Cc: spec-prod@w3.org

On Friday 24 January 2003 05:55, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> where xml2xmpl looks like this:
>
>         #!/bin/sh
>         echo -n "<txt><![CDATA["
>         rxp $@
>         echo "]]></txt>"

As an aside, I actually started out with trying to use XInclude which I
thought would be optimal but:

1. I couldn't figure out a way to include XInclude elements in XHTML and
have it remain valid XHTML.
2. The returning XML isn't "encoded" for inclusion in XHTML, I thought of
putting it inside ![CDATA[ but figured it wouldn't work since CDATA is
*not* supposed to be parsed, and consequently the XInclude should be
ignored.
3. Not sure how good the XPtr support in XInclude implementations (e.g.,
xmllint) is.