Re: XML Spec to HTML should keep "id" on <loc>

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:18:00 +0200
To: spec-prod@w3.org

* Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org> [2003-06-25 13:41-0400]
> I believe that the script that generates HTML from
> XML spec is ignoring the "id" attribute on <loc>.
> Attached is a test case (I hope!).

Talking about preserving id attributes, I have noted something of the
same vain:

in XMLspec, one may want to do:

  <glist>
    <gitem id='foo-def'>
      <label>foo</label>
      <def>
      </def>
    </gitem>
  <glist>

However, the XSLT transforms glist into a dl, label into a dt, and def
into a dd, and it drops gitem and its id. So you are forced to put the
id on label if you don't want to lose your ID when producing the HTML.

Basically, I think that the dt should get either label's or, if it is
absent (which is likely to be the case), gitem's id attribute.

I haven't had time to deal with this, using the trick of putting the
id on label, though.

Regards,

Hugo

--