Re: Auto-generated Bibliographies

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 16 Jun 2003 15:10:15 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>, spec-prod@w3.org

Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> writes:

> Er... but RDF IDs have to be XML names.
>
> Each entry already has an about attribute...
>
>     <NOTE rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/1999/04/Editing/01">
>
> what could you do with id that you can't do with about?

Answered in next message -- URLs are not valid XML IDs -- they contain
/, which is not Name character at all, and :, which is not allowed in
namespace-valid IDs, which must be NCNames.

So the value of rdf:about can't be used as a fragment identifier to
point to the relevant sub-tree of tr.rdf.

ht
                      Half-time member of W3C Team