RFC 2606 compliance of link checker or something

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 22:51:24 +0300
To: spec-prod@w3.org

It seems that whichever tool it is that allows the example.org URIs is
somewhat too liberal ...
It probably allows example.XXX where XXX is any top-level domain, that is not
what is written.

Jeremy

Subject: Re: TEST: last call candidate
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 19:53:27 +0300
From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

>     oiled     http://oiled.man.example.uk/test#

I had changed it from oiled.man.ac.uk; I believed that the URI is fine.

(Pubrules accepts it as OK)

However reading the RFC

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2606.txt

I discover that example.uk is not reserved, and I should have used one of
  example.org
  example.com
  example.net
  example

I believe pubrules would barf on oiled.man.example, so I propose to use
oiled.man.example.net

I am assuming that Sean and Ian prefer to have some (subtle) credit given to
the oiled tool ....

Otherwise, we could just make it

xmlns:eg = "http://example.net/"

Jeremy